In simplest language, a blog is a daily journal of your thoughts maintained you (a Blogger) on the web. When posting to a blog you will notice that it is arranged in chronological order – with the most recent additions on top. As you keep postings more and more posts, the older posts will enter into an Archive folder so that visitors can view your past posts easily.
You can interact with your readers by allowing them to add their own comments and or feedback on any of your Blog post. You can add audio to your blog known as Podcast, which readers can listen to, as well as videos know also know as Vlogs…Which are great ways remain in touch with your clients.
I know this all may sound really weird right now – but trust me, it’s not that difficult, really!
How can you start a Blog?
It’s extremely easy. I suggest that you find out what it is you want to blog about, then pick the name you want the blog to have. Check out the list of Important Tools (click here) that I have set up already for you. The first 3 are the most important ones needed for you to get started with.
Yes, their are free blogging places available however, I strongly advise that you set up a professional blog by purchasing own domain name and hosting with godaddy. WordPress is hands down the best blogging platform with zillions of wordpress tutorials for newbies on internet.
What a blog can do for me?
A blog can changed your life in reality. For me it’s a great way to relax and have fun! Being able to express with others things that are important, things you like, ect. makes you feel good inside! Also, if your when your blog becomes successful, you very easily can be freed from all your financial worries and problems. For many people, their blog has become a virtual money-making machine. There are MANY people that make over $1000 a day from their blogs! Seriously!!
What are other benefits of having a blog?
There are many and some of them are:
- A blog allows you to get to know your customers and their needs, as well as, allowing your customers to know the blogger –> YOU!
- A blog is a strong communication tool to keep in touch with your customers.
- A blog (if updated regularly) can provide daily, quality content – which the Search engines love and thus, increase your traffic.
- A blog can be used to advertise your links. You can write review of an affiliate product in your blog post thus increasing the chance of a sale.
- A blog can be used to answer inquiries that people may have about your product (if you have one) or any product that you choose to write about.
I have not mentioned all the benefits of a blog because this post would be WAY TOO long! The only thing that people seem to fuss about when blogging is having to update it regularly But even I have a tip on that…Ask me to find out what that is.
The blog should be maintained on a regular basis or it’ll lose it’s effectiveness. It’s like taking away our air…kinda sort of…meaning, without it – it will slowly die!
Now enough of my ranting on blogging. Get up and start blogging!! Best wishes to you and your blog.