When you use traffic exchanges, you have to remember that most surfers will not be interested in your site. They are there for the same reason you are, to gain that traffic credit they will get by waiting a short amount of time (usually around 10 seconds) to get their sites seen as well.
You can get them out of that “clicking zombie” state by using eye-catching splash pages!
A splash page is used to capture the surfer’s attention before they move on to the next site. Here are some tips for creating effective splash pages for use in traffic exchanges:
1) Write an attention-grabbing headline. It should clearly define what the site or product you want people to see is about. I advise against using cliché headlines like “Discover How You Can Fire Your Boss in 7 Days with _____”, for an example. DO NOT LIE – Your name, your word and your face is all you have online!
2) It is much better to keep it short and simple, and to keep things real. Tell people what makes you different. A bullet list works well to outline important features. Pique their interest and make them want to take ACTION to find out more about your offer.
3) Keep graphics to a minimum. A splash page has load quickly. Remember, you only have 6 to 20 seconds – site loading time included. If you absolutely have to add a big image, don’t forget to write an alternate text for it.
4) Add a call to action. That’s what visitors do after they read through your splash page: join your mailing list, visit your main website, join the program you promote through your affiliate link, and so on.
5) Track your splash page performance. Create several copies of the splash pages, with different headlines, colors and promotional text. Find out which combination generates most clicks on your links and concentrate on promoting that particular page. Google URL Shortener does the job very well by counting the page views (via a tracking pixel) and clicks (via a tracking URL).
If you’re looking for some help designing a good splash page you can make them with Easy Splash Builder offered by EasyHits4U. I also make them, if you are interested, just let me know.
The main thing is to be different. Remember, you only have a few seconds to catch their attention. Be yourself and have fun!
Incoming search terms:
- free html splash page traffic exchange
- splash page traffic exchanges