After repeatedly seeing this happen, I felt the need to make a post about this because nothing makes me shake my head more than members who don’t know how to behave on their company’s Facebook Page. Your company has gone to the effort of providing you with a resource on Facebook that can help you build your business, and what do some members do? They complain about the company on that page! But it doesn’t stop there. I see members disagreeing with facts or status updates the company posts, talk about shipping issues, posting side effects they “think” they’ve discovered or their opinion on the company’s decision to discontinue their favorite product…in general create negativity about the company, right where customers and prospects have been invited to learn more about the brand!
I simply do not understand it. Don’t you WANT to make money? Don’t you WANT your company to stay in business? Don’t you realize that every complaint on a Facebook Page is fully indexed by Google and lasts FOREVER?
Nobody is perfect…No company is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes, you should know and understand this. You should also know by now that there is a time and a place to let your company know what you think. Publicly bashing the company you represent on Facebook is, in my opinion, ridiculous. There is NOTHING to be gained and everything to lose by complaining there. There are many ways you can send in complaints, requests, problems, ect. So do us all a favor…including yourself, and stop.
Here’s a list of things you should NEVER POST to the company Facebook Page:
1. Complaints about or issues with products.
2. Complaints about the compensation plan.
3. Your personal web address or contact information (the company page is not the place for self-promotion).
4. Complaints about business practices of the company.
5. Complaints when your company decides to discontinue an item.
6. Income claims, product claims or testimonials that can’t be proven.
7. Side effects of your health and wellness products.
8. Rude comments on other peoples posts or comments.
9. Strong political and religious opinions.
10. Any other complaints or negativity that haven’t been addressed in numbers 1-9 above.
Do you have something you’d like to add to this list?
Is there anyone you know that needs to read this message? By all means….Share This Post!